WELCOME TO THE HOME OF THE
SINGLE SPINNERS SQUARE DANCE CLUB
We are a singles’ square dance club in San Diego, California that welcomes singles, couples, families, and anyone else who wants to have a good time square dancing. We dance at the War Memorial Building in Balboa Park (north end of the Zoo parking lot, minutes from downtown San Diego). Scroll down to “OFFICERS/CONTACTS” if you need additional information about any of our activities, or to sign up for our newsletter. We hope you can join us!
Fun… Friends… Fitness…
… enjoy them all, through Square Dancing!
Enjoy the experience of dancing and moving to the music, even if you are not a great dancer!
Dancing in teams builds strong bonds between people!
A great place to meet and interact with other people!
Exercise for both the body and mind!
No experience necessary and no partner is required!
New Dancer Groups Starting!
New groups are starting in January 2017 in various areas of the county. Check out these websites for more information:
· San Diego general area and South Bay: www.sdsda.org
· East San Diego County (El Cajon, Lakeside, and further east): www.backcountrysda.com
· North San Diego County (Poway and further north): www.palomarsda.org
Please check back here for when we will be starting a new dancer group.
If you want to learn more about square dancing in general, go to www.you2candance.com. If you would like to join one of our new dancer groups, you are most welcome! Tell your friends! We hope to see you!
Look for us on Facebook!
CLUB DANCE – Every Thursday evening.
War Memorial Building, 3325 Zoo Drive, San Diego, CA 92101 (click the link above for Google Maps location and directions).
· 6:30pm-8:00pm – New Dancer Group. This group began in November 2016 and is going through the Basic Program. If you are from another group and started at or before this time, you are most welcome to come out for review and more dancing experience. If you are unsure if you can dance here, contact our instructor, John Marus, and we will figure it out.
· 8:00pm-9:30pm – Experienced Dancers’ Dance (Plus Square Dancing). On our second Thursday party nights, Milton Alexander will join us with rounds and easy line dances!
UPCOMING SPECIAL EVENTS
· JANUARY 12 – Party Night – “Doctor Appreciation Night” – We had nurses appreciation night last year, now it’s the doctors’ turn! Thanks to all of those who go through years of schooling to keep us all running in good shape! Now, let’s party and eat junk food! (Actually, we’re serving soup!)
· JANUARY 26 -- Birthday Night – Celebrating birthdays and anniversaries for the month with cake and ice cream!
· FEBRUARY 9 – Party Night – “Pizza Night” – I wonder what we will be serving…
· FEBRUARY 23 -- Birthday Night – Celebrating birthdays and anniversaries for the month with cake and ice cream!
· MARCH 9 – Party Night – “Popcorn Night” – It seems as most of our party themes this year revolve around food. (Is that a bad thing?)
· MARCH 30 -- Birthday Night – Celebrating birthdays and anniversaries for the month with cake and ice cream!
OTHER FESTIVALS IN CALIFORNIA (and National Conventions) (out of date, temporarily)