WELCOME TO THE HOME OF THE
SINGLE SPINNERS SQUARE DANCE CLUB
The picture above was painted by our decorations chair, Sam Ames, for our party night, “Let’s Go Fly a Kite!” Just about every month on our party night, Sam paints a masterpiece for us! Sam is an artist and taught art for many years at a college in Rhode Island. Thank you very much, Sam, for sharing your gift with us! Come see what he paints for our next party night!
We are a singles’ square dance club in San Diego, California that welcomes singles, couples, families, and anyone else who wants to have a good time square dancing. We dance at the War Memorial Building in Balboa Park (north end of the Zoo parking lot, minutes from downtown San Diego). Scroll down to “OFFICERS/CONTACTS” if you need additional information about any of our activities, or to sign up for our newsletter. We hope you can join us!
Fun… Friends… Fitness…
… enjoy them all, through Square Dancing!
Enjoy the experience of dancing and moving to the music, even if you are not a great dancer!
Dancing in teams builds strong bonds between people!
A great place to meet and interact with other people!
Exercise for both the body and mind!
No experience necessary and no partner is required!
New Dancer Group Starting!
WHEN? Group meets most Thursdays, 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm. Open for new people August 16, 2018. Also accepting new people August 23 and 30.
WHERE? War Memorial Building, 3325 Zoo Drive, San Diego, CA 92101. (Click the link above for Google Maps location and directions. At the north end of the Zoo parking lot in Balboa Park.)
PRICE? Free for first time attendees! $5.00 per person, per evening thereafter. Youth and students receive a 50% discount.
Groups for new dancers are starting soon in various areas of the county. Check out these websites for more information:
· San Diego general area and South Bay: www.sdsda.org
· East San Diego County (El Cajon, Lakeside, and further east): www.backcountrysda.com
· North San Diego County (Poway, Del Mar, and further north): www.palomarsda.org
If you want to learn more about square dancing in general, go to www.you2candance.com. If you would like to join one of our new dancer groups, you are most welcome! Tell your friends! We hope to see you!
Look for us on Facebook!
CLUB DANCE – Every Thursday evening. Call or email for the latest information.
War Memorial Building, 3325 Zoo Drive, San Diego, CA 92101 (click the link above for Google Maps location and directions).
· 6:30pm-8:00pm – New Dancer Group. Currently we are reviewing moves through the Plus program. This time is great for recent graduates! If you are a recent graduate and would like to get more practice and instruction, you are most welcome. Contact John Marus, our instructor, with any questions. We are starting a new dancer group on August 16. See above for details!
· 8:00pm-9:30pm – Experienced Dancers’ Dance (Plus Square Dancing). On our second Thursday party nights, Milton Alexander will join us with rounds and easy line dances!
UPCOMING SPECIAL EVENTS
· JULY 12 – Party Night – “Blueberry Day” – Yes, it is! Come celebrate Blueberry Day by consuming them! Rounds and line dances with Milton Alexander.
· JULY 26 -- Birthday Night -- Celebrating birthdays and anniversaries for the month with cake and ice cream!
· AUGUST 9 – Party Night – “Ice Cream” – Oh yes, that favorite summer treat! Come eat ice cream and dance! (Though, not at the same time.) Rounds and line dances with Milton Alexander.
· AUGUST 30 – Birthday Night -- Celebrating birthdays and anniversaries for the month with cake and ice cream!
· SEPTEMBER 13 – Party Night – “Uncle Sam’s Day” – Come honor the man who called on his fellow Americans to come together. Let’s come together to dance and have a great time together! Rounds and line dances with Milton Alexander.
· SEPTEMBER 27 -- Birthday Night -- Celebrating birthdays and anniversaries for the month with cake and ice cream!
· OCTOBER 13 – Our 44th Anniversary Dance. It will be at the Recital Hall with Bill Hale cueing the rounds, and Kathy Ford and John Marus calling the squares. Mark your calendar and check back for updates!
OTHER FESTIVALS IN CALIFORNIA (and National Conventions) (out of date, temporarily)